Group Sea Kayak Tours
Sea Kayaking is a great activity for any group—whether it’s a school group, staff party, a group of friends, a corporate event, or a wedding party. Follow your tour with a BBQ on the wharf or live music and it will be an event to remember. Our location is stunning, a short drive from Halifax, Nova Scotia and the paddling is world-class. Let us guide you through sheltered inlets and channels along the rocky coastline. For the more adventurous, the open ocean is never far away! If there are people in your group who would rather not paddle, we also offer a hiking option. No experience is necessary as our guides will teach you everything you need to know. We are happy to host groups of up to 35 people and have a number of different options available
Sea Kayak Tour Options
You and your group will arrive at the boathouse and be greeted by our guides and friendly base staff. After registering in the office (registration forms will be distributed ahead of time), your group will be outfitted with kayaks and equipment which suit the needs of each individual. We have both single and double kayaks to choose from, and have boats for all shapes and sizes. No paddling experience is required on any of our trips- we teach you everything you need to know.
Your group will depart from our base which is located in a sheltered cove and, after a brief yet thorough safety overview, explore some of the area’s beautiful bays and inlets. Lucky groups will be treated to sightings of seals, whales, and other incredible wild-life. After your paddle, you will return to the Boathouse and meet up with the rest of the group to enjoy a BBQ, lobster boil, live music, or whatever else you have arranged.
Our sea kayak group tour pricing is per person based on the length of the tour and any extras such as food, entertainment, and transportation. Your group must have 10 or more people to receive the group rate. HST and a 15% Staff Service charge will be added afterward
2 Hour Sea
3 Hour Sea
4 Hour Sea
Please review our Book and Cancellation policy.
Additional Tour Options
We have a number of group tour add-ons. Choose from hiking tours, after-tour food options, team building, and live music. We can help arrange transportation. We’re more than willing to adapt trips to individual and group needs. Simply tell us what you want and ECO will make it happen
If some of your group would rather not paddle, we are pleased to offer a lovely light hike along a pristine coastal barrens located adjacent to our base. The group will be accompanied by one of our guides who is knowledgeable about this fascinating and beautiful eco-system. We serve a light snack along the way, and will visit a rugged overlook with panoramic views of the open Atlantic Ocean. Cost: $30 per person.
We have teamed up with Kattuk Expeditions – Halifax’s Outdoor Team Building and Wilderness Education Company to offer you and your group fun and exciting activities during your tour. Whether it is a geocache georace on a secluded island or a wilderness survival course, we can put together an event that will have your team working together. Prices vary and are determined by activities. Contact us for pricing.
*Pricing for these options is the same as the paddling tours. Participants on the non-paddling tours will meet up with the rest of the group at the Boathouse to enjoy the after-tour food and entertainment. If none of the options fit your needs let us know and ECO will work with you to customize a group package.
We are pleased to offer some food options for your group to add on either before or after a tour:
1. BBQ on the wharf: We cook up a delicious feast of burgers and dogs along with veggie and fruit platters and Nachos and Dip: $25 per person
2. Mussel Boil: Mussels. That’s all the description you need. Comes with veggie and fruit platters: $20 per person (add a mussel boil to a BBQ, add $10)
3. Lobster Boil: Add a Lobster Feast on the wharf at the end of your trip for a truly unforgettable experience: $70 (Includes: Lobster per person, mussels, potato salad, Bread rolls, melted butter, sparkling water)
4. Island Lobster Boil: This tour is perfect for meeting and conference groups visiting Halifax, families, work and social groups. On the 4 hour tour, you will paddle out to Hearn Island where you will kayak up to a tradition east coast lobster boil. You will feast on Lobster and mussels on an island in the ocean – you can’t get more authentic than that. Cost: $125 per person
5. Dock & Dine: Chef Dennis Johnston from Fid Resto will come to ECO to cook a fantastic dish of local fresh fish along with fresh local vegetables and fruits to construct amazing side dishes. We will cater to your needs to make this the best meal you’ve had after a paddle. Prices vary depending on time of year and other drink or food options. Please inquire with us and we will work with you to get a per person price.
Live Music Live music can be arranged for an additional fee. Our wharf has a stage built into it, and is perfect for dancing or just enjoying local music at sunset.